Who we are
Ability Action is a charitable non-profit organisation.
For people with disabilities and their family finding opportunities and friendships in running their own workplace and creating a safe place to land when things get tough.
Ability Action was founded in July 2017 by Sandra (Domenica) Schirripa Sunstrom.
The reason for this group
- No social inclusion for disabled individuals for 25+
- Developed in response to feedback from families within the community
- Over 30,000 disabled individuals with a disability within the Knox and Monash area and is on the increase.
- Lack of any such existing space in SE Melbourne
- People with disabilities, their families and carers are at risk of being socially isolated, due to their differing requirements for support and understanding of their needs.
- Parents, carers and the disabled face a unique set of challenges.
- Cost of current respite is prohibitive to most families which causes family separation.